Patient dies after being set on fire

What's This?

Download our app to get more features

Kathmandu, January 2

A cancer patient died after being set on fire during surgery in a hospital in Romania.

Surgeons at Floreasca Hospital in Bucharest used an alcohol-based disinfectant on the woman, 66, before carrying out her operation for pancreatic cancer on December 22, as reported by BBC.

Following that the surgeons used an electric scalpel but that came into contact with the alcohol setting the woman's body on fire on the operating table.

It has been reported that the women suffered 40% burns and died in the hospital a week later.

Relatives of the women informed that they had not been told about the gravity of the situation.

"We found out some details from the press, when they were broadcast on TV stations. We aren't making accusations, we just want to understand what happened," said victim's relations in the local media, as per BBC.

As per the local media, police started an investigation into the incident.

Meanwhile, Health Minister Victor Costache promised that investigation would be made.

Last modified on 2020-01-03 10:16:32


Comment from facebook

Related Posts